DisplayFusion Remote is a mobile application that allows you to run DisplayFusion Functions on your computer, right from the mobile app! DisplayFusion Remote is available on a variety of platforms, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and BlackBerry. You can do things like load the next wallpaper image, start the screen saver, and much much more!
Setting Up DisplayFusion Remote
- Install DisplayFusion 7.1 or higher on your Windows PC.
- Open the DisplayFusion Settings and select the Remote Control tab.
- Enable the “Enable DisplayFusion Remote Control,” and “Allow security code request popups” options.
- Install the DisplayFusion Remote app on your mobile device.
- Launch the DisplayFusion Remote app and tap the “Request Code” button next to your computer name. If your computer isn’t automatically found, you can try adding it manually by IP address.
- Enter the Security Code that is displayed on your computer’s screen and tap OK.
- You should now see a list of all Functions in DisplayFusion.
- Expand any category and tap a Function name to run it on your computer.
- On your computer, open the Windows Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the “Change adapter settings” link on the left side.
- Right-click your network adapter and choose “Status.”
- Click the “Details” button and note the IPv4 Address.
- Open the DisplayFusion Remote app on your mobile device and tap the + icon.
- Enter the IP address from step 4 above and tap OK.
- If you’re still unable to connect by manually entering the IP address, proceed to the troubleshooting section.
If the DisplayFusion Remote app isn’t able to automatically find your computer, and you can’t connect manually by entering the IP address, there are a couple of things you can check:
- Double-check that you’ve enabled the Remote Control feature in the DisplayFusion Settings.
- Make sure that DisplayFusion.exe is allowed through your firewall, or if you prefer to only open the specific port, make sure that TCP port 21452 is open.
- As always, if you still run into trouble, feel free to contact us.
Nov 13, 2014 (modified Jun 28, 2019)