How to Grow, Manage, and Work with Remote Teams
About This Guide
Working remotely and running a remote team seems like black magic to many. Yet at Zapier, we’ve been working remotely since our founding in October of 2011. This book shares everything we’ve learned about running a remote team—our successes and our failures.
Beginning as a series of posts on the Zapier blog, this book is an ongoing work about our experiences as a remote team, with much of the book written by Zapier CEO Wade Foster along with chapters from our team members and other remote employees. We’ll update it periodically so you can learn how our thinking and processes change as we’ve grown from three to 200+ people and beyond, and we’ll keep the older versions of each chapter archived so you can learn with us over time.
Who Is This Guide For?
Whether you currently work in or run a remote team, or you hope to work in or run a remote team in the future, this book will have nuggets of wisdom that you can apply to your current situation.
Table of Contents
- How to Run a Remote Team
- How to Hire a Remote Team
- How to Build Culture in a Remote Team
- How Successful Remote Teams Evaluate Employees: A Look inside Automattic, GitHub, and Help Scout
- How to Build Strong Relationships in a Remote Team
- How to Run a Company Retreat for a Remote Team
- This is What a Remote Office Looks Like
- How to Work Faster in a Remote Team
- How to Find Your Optimal Work Environment and Boost Productivity
- How to Work in Different Timezones
- How to Avoid Burnout in a Remote Team
- How to Thrive as an Extrovert on a Remote Team
- How to Find and Get Hired for a Remote Job
- The Remote Workers’ Toolkit: 30+ Productivity Apps and Tools to Help You Work Smarter, Not Harder
- A Special Thanks To Those Who Share: The Best Blog Posts, Articles and Resources on Remote Work