There is no content on local website I understand, close this message.
Welcome to the micro homepage!
The page is not available in your local language
The complete translation environment for translation professionals
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance is the leading translation software for language professionals who want to translate and review projects, use terminology and get the most out of machine translation in one simple desktop application.
Used by over 250,000 professionals – when you choose Studio – you become part of the largest translation community in the world.
Studio 2019 provides the most extensive translation toolkit and includes new ways to work faster by getting the most from your translation assets than has ever been possible.
- Re-use previously translated content: complete projects faster with powerful translation memory technology used by over 80% of the translation supply chain
- Even smarter translation memory: upLIFT technology included in Studio 2019 surpasses conventional translation memory by providing suggestions for both the “no match” and “fuzzy match” scenarios
- Quick access to the most powerful and commonly used features: ‘Tell me‘ technology saves you from navigating through menus and settings and helps you discover powerful functionality you haven’t used before
- Get smart suggestions as you type: reduce typing and keystrokes with the innovative SDL AutoSuggest 2.0
- Translate new content faster with transformational machine translation (MT)
Studio 2019 helps ensure your translation projects are of the highest quality, for maximum customer satisfaction and to help you gain a competitive advantage.
- Automated and real-time quality assurance (QA) checks highlight translation errors including terminology inconsistencies, as well as grammatical and formatting errors
- Always deliver the right terminology: ensure consistency throughout your translations with integrated SDL MultiTerm 2019. Please note: MultiTerm will be available to download from your SDL account, when you purchase an SDL Trados Studio Freelance license.
- Easily maintain the contents of your translation memory (TM): with Studio’s ‘TM maintenance’ view, editing and keeping your most prized assets up-to-date with your latest, most accurate translations is simple.
- Enjoy error-free typing thanks to automatic correction of misspelled words with AutoCorrect – just like in Microsoft Word
- Advanced display filters help you effectively navigate through your translations when reviewing them
Freelance Translator and Interpreter
I think the simplest reason to choose Studio is that it’s a solid business decision. As a freelancer, if you want to play in the Big Leagues, you need Big League tools. Having Studio is a basic pre-requisite to be considered for jobs with many large clients, so Studio will open opportunities for you that you wouldn’t have access to otherwise. Investing the time and money needed to own and become proficient in an industry-leading tool such as Studio tells potential customers that you take this profession seriously.
Now that I have started working with Studio, I have seen a huge difference in my productivity! Spending some time to properly prepare a project, building relevant termbases, leveraging translation memories and aligning legacy documents to build new ones, have made me much faster and more efficient.
SDL Trados Studio is an essential part of my workflow. With Studio, I have everything I need: terminology consistency, reference to past jobs, faster typing and QA checking as I go. After using SDL Trados Studio almost every day since its launch in 2009, I can assure you that it’s easy to use from scratch, but much more satisfying when you get to know all the ins and outs.
I use termbases and translation memories all the time and that helps me deliver high quality translations to my clients.
It just works miracles. When I find a term or a longer phrase in a sentence that I have translated before, it just extracts it and I can just click and insert it into the new sentence, so it does really speed up my work a lot.
Overall, Studio is a great product that comes with a comprehensive package of information, helping people of all levels of experience and skills to use the software. As always, the whole upgrade process was very easy and done in a few clicks. The resources that are provided with new Studio versions are always extremely helpful, including various apps that increase productivity and webinars where new features of Studio are introduced and explained.
You cannot find all of the features that Trados Studio has in any other CAT tool. With the developer program, Trados Studio is the only CAT tool I know that you can fully customize. With its customizability, Trados Studio can fit into any translation workflow.
One of the most important things when it comes to translation is consistency. SDL Trados has helped me produce high-quality work regarding terminology and style in ways that are almost impossible to achieve using more basic tools. That comes in handy when dealing with large projects, and I warmly thank SDL for this convenient software solution.
From the moment you first open Studio 2019, it will guide you through how to use the software. Useful tips, tricks and videos are also available on-demand, to help ensure you can get up and running straight away. In addition, the integrated ‘Tell me‘ technology provides a quick route to the most commonly used features.
However, if you do need a little extra guidance – no problem – we have many resources that can also help:
- Free webinars
- Online videos
- SDL online community
- My SDL Trados – a companion app for translators
- Training and certification
The ability to customize your translation environment is key for productivity and efficiency.
- Make Studio 2019 suit your way of working: reposition the Editor, select layout colors, build your own ribbons and define your own keyboard shortcuts that best suit your way of working
- Personalize Studio 2019 for increased productivity: group features and functions by particular tasks (e.g. translation or review) and make the most needed commands easily accessible
- Extend Studio 2019 functionality: go beyond Studio 2019 by downloading additional plug-ins from SDL AppStore – the industry’s first online app store