Try holding down the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote at the same time for 10 or 20 seconds. It might even be 30 seconds. This is the procedure for a lot of GM cars. Not sure if it will work with yours.
That’s a lot different than the GM prodcedure I know :huh:
This is the procedure for my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix…
Document ID # 397060
No Tools Required
In the event that a transmitter is lost, program the old and the new transmitters into the memory of the remote control door lock receiver. Up to 4 transmitters may be programmed.
Once the keyless entry receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode, the programming of the first
transmitter erases all previous transmitter programming information. You must then program all of the
Program only 1 vehicle remote control door lock receiver at a time. If you program multiple receivers simultaneously, the same transmitter could possibly be programmed to more than 1 remote control door lock receiver.
Perform the following steps:
1. Sit in the vehicle driver’s seat.
2. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
3. Close all of the vehicle’s doors.
4. Remove the MALL PGM fuse from the fuse panel. Refer to Electronic Diagnosis in Body and Chassis.
5. Turn the ignition lock cylinder to the ACC position.
6. Turn the ignition lock cylinder OFF, then back to ACC within 1 second.
7. Open and then close any vehicle door. You will hear a chime when the remote control door lock receiver enters the programming/diagnostic mode. If you do not hear a chime, start again at step 1. If the remote control door lock receiver does not enter the programming/diagnostic mode after a second attempt, refer to Electrical Diagnosis.
After 7 seconds you may hear a chime confirming successful synchronization. After approximately 14 seconds, you will hear a chime confirming successful programming.
8. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for 14 seconds.
9. Repeat step 8 in order to program each additional transmitter.
10. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
11. Install the MALL PGM fuse back into the fuse panel. Refer to Electrical Diagnosis in Body and Chassis.
Validate that all the transmitters that were programmed operate properly. Refer to Keyless Entry System Operation .
? Copyright General Motors Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Document ID # 397060