Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 40 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.
Resources for remote workers: approaches, hiring page, remote life and more.
Branch: master Clone or download
Use Git or checkout with SVN using the web URL.
Want to be notified of new releases in hugo53/awesome-RemoteWork?
A curated list of awesome resources for remote workers: hiring site, remote life, book, tool and what funny telecommunication job is. Inspired by ‘awesome-‘ repos. All PRs are welcomed to contribute to this awesome stuff.
All resources are collected from many sources on Internet and ordered randomly.
- Remote : Office Not Required. A great book for every newbie at remote working. As its description, As an employer, restricting your hiring to a small geographic region means you’re not getting the best people you can. As an employee, restricting your job search to companies within a reasonable commute means you’re not working for the best company you can. REMOTE, the new book by 37signals, shows both employers and employees how they can work together, remotely, from any desk, in any space, in any place, anytime, anywhere.
- My Ideal Day as a Remote Programmer: Taking Charge of Your Daily Routine by Colin Ross, Chief back-end at Buffer.
- A Day in the Life of a Remote Developer by Josh Black, a software engineer working at CramerDev, based in US.
- Working As A Remote Contract Code Monkey by Lee Penkman, a software engineer, live in New Zealand and work remotely for a firm in Australia.
- The Joys and Benefits of Working as a Distributed Team by Joel Gascoigne, Co-founder and CEO at Buffer. Buffer is a company with almost employees are remote workers.
- Tips to Land a Remote Job by Sarah McCasland a product manager at Modus Create.
- https://findwork.dev/. Jobs aggregator and search engine for software jobs.
- https://weworkremotely.com. A page of 37Signals.
- https://dailyremote.com. Filter and find remote jobs for every role!
- http://careers.stackoverflow.com/jobs/remote. Job page of StackOverflow.
- http://www.flexjobs.com/jobs/ a service purely focusing on telecommuting, part-time, flexible jobs.
- https://remoterole.com/ a job board exlusively for remote and remote-friendly jobs.
- http://www.reddit.com/r/forhire/new/. Subreddit for hiring, not purely a remote job page but have a lots.
- http://hnhiring.me/ an aggregator site collects job from HackerNews, easier to read.
- http://workinstartups.com/ not all jobs are remote but it has.
- https://angel.co/jobs, a lots of startup jobs, set filter for “Remote OK” will show remote jobs.
- http://www.asklorem.com/ freelance jobs for developers and designers, 100% remote.
- http://www.remoteyear.com/jobs/, job board of RemoteYear program.
- http://automattic.com/work-with-us/. Made https://wordpress.com/, has remote working culture and employees are from everywhere in the world.
- https://www.wfh.io/, 100% remote tech-oriented job board
- http://jobs.remotive.io/, weekly update with remote jobs from startups.
- http://remoteok.io/ a remote job aggregator. Job from Angel List, Stackoverflow, …
- http://remotus.com/ a fulltime jobs for developers, still under construction. Seems have a lots of startup jobs.
- http://www.candoerz.com/ hourly update remote, relocate, freelance jobs aggregator.
- https://www.fossjobs.net/ This is the first website exclusively for Free & Open Source jobs.
- https://www.golangprojects.com Go/Golang jobs, filter on remote jobs
- https://jobhunt.ai AI/Machine learning jobs, filter on remote jobs
- https://jobspresso.co Curated list of remote jobs
- https://www.skipthedrive.com Remote opportunities in all industries
- https://remotejobr.com Barebones site with listing of remote roles
- http://www.soshace.com a Full-time jobs for React/Angular/Vue.js/Python/Java developers.
- https://www.lancegator.com/ – freelance jobs aggregator
- https://fullstackjob.com/jobs/remote-ok – Remote OK Full-Stack Developer Jobs
- Skype for quick chat.
- Zoom video conferece tool.
- Slack for team communication.
- Hipchat tool for team communication, similar to Slack. By Atlassian.
- Pivotal Tracker for tracking tasks.
- Trello free, flexible, and visual way to organize anything with anyone.
- Asana team collaboration, projects and tasks management.
- Harvest, a timesheet tracking software.
- Desktime, time tracking tool.
- Toggl, insanely simple time tracking tool.
- Qbserve, automatic productivity tracking, time tracking, and invoice generation for Mac.
- What Remote Working Means & The Tools We Use at Buffer, tools used at Buffer.
- Timing – Automatic time and productivity tracking for Mac. Helps you stay on track with your work (especially important when working remotely). Also ensures that no billable hours get lost if you are billing hourly.
- PukkaTeam – Remote team presence tool.