Hey there, Cheri Torres with DISH Network Customer Service here. It sounds like your remote will need to be readdressed to your DISH receiver box. If the remote that is for TV2 does not work you will need to take it to the TV1 location where your receiver box is. If it is TV1 remote that does not work you will need to stay in front of the receiver to readdress. I will list here for you the instructions for readdressing the remote to the receiver. I hope you find this information useful and if you have further questions or concerns feel free to email me directly at Cheri.Torres@Dishnetwork.com. 🙂
Instructions for addressing the remote to the receiver
1. Go to System Info screen. You can do this by pressing the system info button on the front of the receive box or by pressing the power button once and the channel up button once on the front of the receiver.
2. Hold down the SAT button until all mode lights light up.
3. Enter a number between 1 and 15 using the numeric keypad on the remote. Make sure to change the number to something other then what is already listed in the small white square next to primary remote address(TV1) or secondary remote address(TV2).
4. Press the pound (#) button.
5. Once the SAT button blinks three times, press record.
Note: If successful, the number selected in step 3 will appear in the System Info screen under Remote Address.