Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance editors who are experts in various academic fields. CACTUS is honoured to be ranked 15th (after a screening of more than 40,000 companies) on the 2016 list of Top 100 Companies for Remote/Freelance Jobs (http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2016/01/27/work-from-home-in-2016-the-top-100-companies-for-remote-jobs/#1120fd9836f0).
We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors. Apply now and register instantly!
Why this is a great opportunity
- Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
- Potential to earn USD 1200 to 3000 per month (based on regular availability)
- Additional fees of up to 20%
- No need to relocate
What you will do
- Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
- Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
- Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
- At least a Bachelor’s degree and/or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in physical sciences and engineering, healthcare, life sciences, medicine and surgery [detailed subject-area list below] OR
- At least a Master’s degree and/or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Psychology and Psychosocial Healthcare or Design and Fine Arts OR
- At least a PhD degree and/or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in the Humanities [detailed subject-area list below]
- Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Fill in the application form below to log into the testing interface. On hitting “Submit”, you will be directed to an inbox containing a Welcome message and a link to the evaluation test. Please go through the Welcome message before attempting the evaluation test.
Please add email@example.com to your address book/contacts so that important emails do not go to the spam or junk folder.
Please note that we are currently not hiring from the State of New York.
If you are from New York OR if you do not find your area of specialisation listed in the form below, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will let you know if there are any suitable openings in the future.